Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Roti and 5 Spot

This weekend I knocked out two of my seasonal resolutions and had great visits with old friends. That's a pretty good weekend, I would say.

First we went to 5 Spot for brunch. The most important thing I can tell you about 5 Spot is that their restaurant theme is Tornado Alley and every Tuesday through June 13 they donate 25% of their sales to help Hackleburg Elementary School in Alabama. Will definitely need to go back on Tuesday soon and dine for a good cause.


I ordered the festival special, Tart Cherry French Toast. And then the brought me this beauty. No cherries, clearly the wrong item. However this was a fortunate mistake because this was hands down the BEST french toast I have ever consumed. And I've sampled a lot of french toast.
 


But don't worry, when I told the waitress it was the wrong one, she brought me both the correct one AND a plate of hashbrowns. I had three breakfasts on Saturday.


I'd be lying if I said I didn't eat a good portion of all of them.
  

After breakfast we wandered around Queen Anne hoping to walk off some of the breakfast breads. And that night we went to our old college town, Bellingham, to send off some of our best friends on their Brooklyn adventure at a Studio 54-themed going away party, complete with roller skates and a disco ball.

The next day, my bestie was visiting from Portland, with her husband and curly-headed son. After much visiting we went to Roti, the best Indian place in Seattle. From the decor to the cuisine, it did not disappoint. The service was a little...meh...but they were nice and friendly and were oohing and ahhing over my friend's son, so I guess that makes up for them forgetting one of the entrees.