Tuesday, August 16, 2011

3 Years Ago Today

We said "I do."



I loved every detail of our wedding. Here are just a few photos from our special day.






































We married at the Orcas Hotel on Orcas Island in Washington State. The staff was great and took care of every last detail. We were able to book the whole hotel for our whole wedding party and family, which made it extra special.



We bought all our flowers for the table settings at Pike Place Market and made our own arrangements. One of the highlights of the weekend was meeting one of my bridesmaids at Pike Place and, along with my mom and fiance, picking out all the flowers for the event. Since it was August, there were lots of dahlias, one of my favorites. We named each table with a location that was important to us: Argentina, Orcas Island, New York City...


We gave wildflower seed packets as favors.


And had custom M&Ms as treats.


I handmade all our invitations and programs.


The pastry chef at Rosario Resort made our cake. The flowers on top are from Pike Place, too.

And though I know a wedding does not equal a marriage, it was a happy celebration of love and a perfect start to our official life as husband and wife.

"Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won’t adhere to any rules…My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.”
          
          Tom Robbins
          Still Life with Woodpecker