Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pike Place and Paleo

Today I went downtown to try out a new doctor. I loved her and hope that she'll be able to help me with a major issue I've been having for awhile. I'll spare you the details, but in addition to lab work, she indicated I should see a nutritionist and improve my diet right away.  She recommended the Paleo Diet. Have you tried this? What was your success?

The hardest thing for me is deciding what to eat and then preparing it. I get stuck and desperate and end up eating something unhealthy and easy. I've said it before, and will again. I do not cook. Merely entering the kitchen elicits screams and squeals, and sometimes tears. Here are the things that I can make without a major meltdown: Scrambled Eggs, Noodles, Coffee. Oh, and toast. Like I said, not so healthy.

I'm hoping that a good book on the Paleo diet will help me with meal plans, recipes, and ideas. I checked Amazon and think I will order one tonight. Here are the books I'm considering. Are there any specific Paleo Diet books that you have had success with?

_______________________________________________________

After my appointment, I braved a windy, downpour and walked down the hill to Pike Place.



I stopped and watched this guy make cheese at Beecher's Handmade Cheese. I'll have to try this soon (eating it, not making it).

 

Then I walked through the market and looked at all the spring flowers. We got the flowers for our wedding at Pike Place Market, before driving up to Orcas Island to get hitched. So the Pike Place flower market holds an even more special place to me. We were married in August, so the flowers in the market were very different then, but still fun! (Sorry for the shabby photos. I didn't plan this impromptu excursion and I only had my iPhone with me.)







Now, if you'll excuse me, I better go make myself dinner. I think I'll have...egg noodles. Oh, man, I need serious help.