Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 Weeks on the Road in India


I really can't believe I've been back in the USA for more than two weeks already. It disturbs me somewhat that I can be out of the country for 6 weeks and yet sink right back into the grind in the time it takes to drink a Starbucks latte. Daily life and work and other distractions have kept me from posting more stories and photos about our trip. But I'll work on posting more stories and photos now.

I can only think to say the most cliche thing to sum up the trip. India was incredible. We saw so many great places, but even still, it felt like we had missed so much and that there was so much more to see. We started our trip in Delhi, then took the train to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. After that we drove to Jaipur (with a driver!) to take in some desert scenery and forts. Then it was down to Goa for some beaches and relaxation, followed by the beautiful, beautiful state of Kerala where we cruised the backwaters and enjoyed the laid back local lifestyle. Finally, it was back to Delhi to wrap up a few things, celebrate B's birthday with a fancy dinner, and then board the long flight home. The trip was inspiring, tiring, exhilirating, overwhelming, and fun all at the same time. I'll post more on each part of our trip soon.