Friday, February 11, 2011

Taking the Train

One of the things I'm most passionate about is using public transportation. On Monday I took the Amtrak to Portland to visit my best friend and meet her son. It was the first time I'd taken the train on the West Coast since moving back from the East Coast with a new found interest in public transportation. I definitely want to continue supporting public transportation, despite that not being the norm here. Contrary to what you might think, people in the West are much more car dependent despite their otherwise environmental and progressive tendencies. The train was a great way to travel to Portland and it was only $22 one way. Take the train! It's a low stress, environmentally-friendly way to get from here-to-there.

's an iPhone photo of the interior of the Portland train station. It's such a neat old building!