Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Uttapam, Idli, Parantha, Lassi

I realized I really didn't post that much about my trip to India last Spring. I'll have to post some more pictures/stories of our adventure soon. In the meantime, I'm remembering how incredible the food was! Reminisce with me.

North Indian Breakfast:

South Indian Breakfast:

Indian Moonshine. I was pretty sure we were going to go blind from drinking this (literally). I barely took a sip. We had to leave the cap unscrewed, lest the bottle explode...

Monochromatic feast. Incidentally I'm wearing a shirt that matches my meal. Helpful when eating without utensils.
South Indian lunch:
Buhkara. The only time I ate meat in India. Okay, the only time except for the notorious chicken sandwich which gave me Delhi Belly and made me give up meat for six weeks. (Not so hard after being a vegetarian for 18 years.)

I do have to say the Indian desserts were not to my taste. Here are three gelatinous confections.


My beloved Palace Heights menu. We stayed at this hotel and ate at this restaurant many times! This was our last meal in India. Sigh.